Monday 18 March 2013

Texturing the son

I was giving the son to begin texturing on mudbox. It was my first time on mudbox but I managed to it up quite quickly on how to use it by a few tutorials. I began by starting on his face by getting the right skin colour. I had to make sure that he didn't look to tanned as he doesn't get out in the sun to much also to keep him pale as he is ginger.
 I then put some red to his face.
 I then went on to add some freckles and also his eyebrows.
 finally finishing his face off with some spots to make him look more like a teenager.
I then went on to texture his hoodie by starting off with scanning in my hoodie at a high quietly and then adding it onto the son. this gave his hoodie a sort of netting look to it.
I then started on sculpting cresses at the ends of the sleeves.
 Then moving onto sculpting folds around the hoodie to give it a move realistic look.
 More folds around the back.
finished hoodie.
texture from hoodie a scanned in.
Now the trousers were a difficult one. again I scanned an image of my trousers

 then adding the bumpy areas to parts such as the pockets.


with the hands i added a few faint areas with red like i did with the face and also a few freckles. again I had to watch the colour of the skin and keep it look the same as the face
I then went onto sculpting knuckles. 

the shoes were another tricky one. I had to make sure to make them look a bit realistic but not to realistic
 adding dirt and muddy patches.
Finally the hat.

sculpting a few bumpy areas.

front

back

No comments:

Post a Comment